Kmart has issued an urgent recall warning customers not use two best-selling items out of fear they could cause 'fire or explosion.'
The Australian retail-giant issued the recall on Friday, March 2, for its Jackeroo and Active & Co camping stoves purchased between November 2015 and May 2017.
The alert, issued via Kmart's Facebook page, was sent out 'due to an issue with the manufacturing.'
Kmart warned there were known issues with 'instances of gas leakage' from the camping stoves that could lead to 'fire or explosion.'
The post read, 'Hi everyone, we would like to make you aware of a product safety recall we currently have on 2 of our Portable single burner stoves (Model No. PL-222; active & Co and Jackeroo) purchased between November 2015 — May 2017.'
Kmart customers were told to 'cease using this product immediately' and return it to a Kmart store for a full refund.
'If you have any questions, please call our customer service team on 1800 124 125,' the notice added.
The recall comes in the same week as the federal government announced the compulsory recall of 2.3 million cars nationwide due to faulty and dangerous Takata airbags.