3 medium eggs
140 g caster sugar
125 ml sunflower oil
3 soft ripe bananas
75 g sultanas, soaked in warm water
140 g self-raising flour
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking powder
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk well with a fork.
- Add the sugar and carry on whisking, add the oil and whisk again, making lots of bubbles.
- Peel and mash the bananas, then drain the soaked sultanas and add them both to the eggs, sugar and oil. Mix well.
- Sift half of the flour into the mixture and mix well again. Add the cinnamon, baking powder and remaining flour, and fold gently using a wooden spoon or spatula until everything is combined. The mixture needs to be quite thick, only falling off a spoon very slowly.
- Put the muffin cases in the muffin tin. Using a dessertspoon, fill each case three-quarters full with your mixture.
- Put them in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The muffins are ready when they are golden brown and you stick a sharp knife or toothpick into them and it comes out clean, not sticky. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.