The treatment involves making small feathered cuts into the eyebrows to match eyebrow hairs before dye is later applied.
Shocking aftermath photos of the procedure were shared during popular medical US TV show The Doctors to a horrified audience.
The results were devastating as the woman suffered severe swelling across her face, a common side effect often unknown to those who choose to undertake the procedure.
It is believed the shock images belong to Australian woman, Amanda Coats who shared the after-effects of the treatment on Facebook to warn others from undergoing the procedure.
Dermatologist Dr Sonia Batra commented on the Aussie woman's devastating ordeal, saying: 'I think she had two problems. One is that when you create nicks in the skin it's a great gateway for bacteria... she could have got an infection from this.'
Batra continued: 'Obviously this not what anyone goes in wanting to get done.'