Advertisement
Home NEWS

Andrew Broad and wife Rachel put on united front following ‘sugar baby’ scandal

The couple fronted a media storm.

On Dec. 16. New Idea broke that Nationals MP Andrew Broad had been caught out with a “sugar baby” from a “seeking arrangements” website he used to meet younger girls while he was away on work trips.

Advertisement

The now disgraced politician put on a show of unity with wife Rachel, walking hand-in-hand through a media scrum in Mildura on Dec. 18. 

Broad announced he will not be seeking re-election following the scandal. 

The couple declined to comment, but Broad told the Herald Sun via text message the couple – who have two children – will now aim to “strengthen and focus on our family”.

Advertisement
rachel broad
(Credit: Newscorp)

Following the news of Broad’s alleged activity, several women have allegedly come forward claiming Broad behaved “inappropriately.” 

The Herald Sun reported that three separate women have contacted National Party officials during the past 12 months about Mr Broad’s alleged inappropriate behaviour online and in hotels and bars.

Those officials also told The Herald Sun that multiple women over the past three years had contacted the Nationals claiming “dalliances” with Mr Broad.

“I have resigned. Please respect my family,” Mr Broad told The Herald Sun.

 

Read the full report here.

Advertisement

Related stories


Advertisement
Advertisement