Baby Alby gave his parents quite the surprise when he arrived seven weeks early last August.
Taking to Instagram, Lauren, 40, shared a snap of husband Matt, in his surgical mask holding their precious newborn baby boy and also revealed his name.
"Alby James Newton Welsh Born at 8:20 on 20/8/2020," she penned in the caption.
"We are so grateful to the amazing @dr_stephencole and the wonderful team at @frances_perry_house. It has been a long journey and we are so thrilled to have gorgeous Alby here safely. He is 7 weeks early but doing really well."
Alby remained in hospital for a number of weeks due to his early arrival but managed to head home safe and sound in September.
As the little bub has grown, yet to hit his first birthday, he’s already sharing a striking resemblance to his famous granddad, Bert.
The TV icon underwent leg amputation surgery recently after being faced with a “life or death decision”.
Post operation wife Patti shared a surprisingly cute and uplifting photo of Bert and Alby from hospital, even joking at the uncanny resemblance.
"Thank you everyone for your prayers and beautiful words," she captioned the pic. "Think Alby has stolen Bert's hair piece!!"
For more on the life and legacy of Aussie TV legend Bert Newton, read more below:
- Everything to know about Bert Newton's funeral
- Why Matthew Newton isn't attending his father Bert's funeral
- Australia's golden couple: Looking back at Bert and Patti Newton's relationship
- Bert Newton 1938-2021: "He gave us so much joy!"
- Bert Newton celeb tributes
- Australian TV royalty: A glimpse at Bert Newton's career through the years
- Keeping up with the Newtons! Bert and Patti Newton's best family photos
- Bert Newton’s pride and joy! Meet the TV legend’s six gorgeous grandkids
- Lauren Newton's touching tribute to dad Bert Newton