• A wire wreath and tie wire – you can get both from a garden shop, hardware store or Kmart.
• A faux garland from a home shop + a few pretty stems from garden plants, such as eucalyptus or magnolia.
• Some pine cones or other decorative natural touches (faux berries would also look amazing).
Here’s how you do it:
1. Wrap the garland around the wire wreath and attach it using tie wire.
2. Keep going until you have good coverage, and then cut away any bits you don’t need.
3. Tie in the individual stems until you get a look you like.
4. Tie in a few pine cones or other decorative elements.
5. Hang up and admire your creation!
Tip: For a more authentic wreath, go all natural by using real greenery instead of the faux garland. It won’t last longer than the Christmas season, but that doesn’t matter. Pull off the greenery when the day is done, and save the wire wreath and ties for next year!
Want more Christmas hacks? Check out the below!
DIY wreaths using supermarket lamingtons - the Christmas baking hack of the year!
Pavlova Wreath with Passionfruit Custard
The best Christmas recipes to try this year
Where to pick up a cheap Christmas ham for your holiday feast
Jamie Oliver's secret to the perfect mixed roast for Christmas
Ditch the stress! If you're in need for last-minute Christmas gifts then look no further
Double the cheer! The best matching Christmas pyjamas for this festive season