16 large raw prawns, peeled with tails intact deveined
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper, to taste
25 g butter, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1½ cups Arborio rice
1 cup white wine
1 litre (4 cups) hot chicken stock
2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
½ cup frozen peas
1 cup finely grated parmesan
- Toss prawns in oil with half the garlic in a large bowl. Season.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over a medium to high heat. Add prawns in two batches. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked. Remove. Cover to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and remaining garlic to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add rice. Stir for 2 minutes. Add wine. Simmer until almost evaporated.
- Add stock 1 cup at a time, stirring until stock is absorbed before adding the next cup. Add asparagus and peas with the last cup of stock. Cook, stirring, until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Remove. Stir in parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with garlic prawns.