It’s the one makeup product that will make a world of difference if you are over the age of 45.
Tired of creating the perfect eye look in the morning to then have it crease, smudge or slide-off by mid-morning? Or maybe you suffer dry eyelids and eyeshadow can disappear entirely by mid-morning?
What you need is an eye primer.
While a normal face primer makes application smoother and more even, a targeted eye primer helps eyeshadow and eyeliner stick to the eyelid and prevents caking and creasing.
Do not underestimate its power especially if you are over the age of 40 when eyes become more watery for some unexplained reason.
Remember to allow a minute air time for the formula to dry and absorb. You can also use it under your eyes on dark circles to prevent concealer from creasing.
Here are our favourite eyeshadow primers to lock on your makeup look so it lasts all day long.
5 of the Best
1. Designer Brands Eye Primer, $9.99, dbcosmetics.com.au
Best for: Dry eyelids as it nourishes as well as prevents eyeshadow from fading.
2. Models Prefer Eye Primer, $13.99, www.priceline.com.au
Best for: First time users with its handy pen-like wand.
3. The Revlon PhotoReady Eye Primer + Brightener, $24.95, www.revlon.com.au
Best for: brightening up the whole eye area, on lids and under the eyes.
4. Nude by Nature Perfecting Eye Primer, $19.95, www.nudebynature.com.au
Best for: Tightening and smoothing skin on the eyelid.
5. Clinique All About Shadow Primer for Eyes, $33, www.clinique.com.au
Best for: Extended hold for sensitive, watery eyes.
6. Elizabeth Arden Advanced Eye-Fix Primer, $38, www.elizabetharden.com.au
Best for: Hooded eyes as it gives strong hold to eyeliner and shadow so it doesn’t transfer onto upper lid.