- Always keep the nozzle on. Using the nozzle and directing the heat down the hair shaft will make locks so much smoother as this helps to close the cuticle and create shine.
VS Sassoon 3Q Compact Digital Dryer, $79.95, vssassoon.com.au
- Comb out your wet hair, never use a brush as wet hair is at its most fragile. Always use a wide-tooth comb or a brush that’s specifically designed for wet hair.
Lady Jayne TanglePro, $19.99, ladyjayne.com.au
- Section hair before you begin styling and when hair is about 80% dry. It will make it more manageable if you do it in stages, usually 2 sections through the top and then either sides.
Lady Jayne Section Clips, $5.99, ladyjayne.com.au
- Always use a thermal protector even if you are doing a quick dry you must never skip this step. Not only will it keep moisture in but it will preserve your colour too.
Hot Muk – Thermal Protector, $24.95, mukhair.com
- Cool shot. Finish with the cool shot button to lock in your style and a light mist of hairspray.
L'Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Diamond Hold and Shine Hairspray, $9.95, lorealparis.com.au