Liz Kelsh, Max Factor makeup artist, who’s worked with Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Aniston, Cate Blanchett and Kim Catrall, says the key to ageing confidently is makeup and knowing how to use it.
- As your skin ages it can lose some elasticity and volume which can lead to pores becoming more visible, so when you’re shopping for a long wear foundation it’s important to find one that sits on top of the skin and doesn't settle into pores.
- You also want to find a build-able foundation so you can add more cover where needed for a completely flawless finish without looking too made up.
- Lastly - and most importantly - you’re looking for something that provides long wear yet doesn't compromise on radiance.
Liz’s go-to long wear foundation is the new Max Factor Radiant Lift Foundation, $39.95, maxfactor.com.au
“This foundation really lasts and lasts and lasts. I used it recently for a Wella hair show where I wanted the models to have a beautiful glow but due to scheduling I had to get them ready at 9 am for a 7pm show!
"When it came to showtime, my assistants were amazed how the foundation was still perfect even after a full day of rehearsals - we only had to touch up lips.”
3 more long wear foundations we love:
- Natio Flawless Foundation SPF 15, $17.95, natio.com.au
2. Designer Brands Longwear 24 Hour Foundation,$16.99, dbcosmetics.com.au
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation, $65, charlottetilbury.com.au