Sweet Spiced Pear Muffins
*Serves 4 *Prep and Cook 20 mins
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tblsp caster sugar
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch or ¹/8 tsp ground cloves
- 6 English muffins, split in half
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tsps vegetable oil
- Greek yoghurt and sliced pear, to serve
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tsps caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- Place eggs, milk, sugar and spices in a large bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Place muffin halves in a single layer in a shallow dish. Pour over egg mixture. Stand for 2 minutes. Turn over and stand for a further 2 minutes, or until soaked.
- Heat 1 tblsp of the butter with 1 tsp of the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan, over a medium heat, until butter starts to foam. Add four of the muffin halves. Cook for about 1½ minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Transfer to oven tray in a very slow oven (120C) to keep warm.
- Wipe pan clean with absorbent kitchen paper. Repeat process twice more with remaining butter, oil and muffin halves.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce, stir all ingredients and 1 tblsp water in a small saucepan over a medium heat until blueberries are tender.
- Cut muffins in half and serve with sauce, yoghurt and sliced pear.
For more fast and easy recipes, get your copy of 20 Minute Meals in store or buy online today.