- 4 medium zucchini (600g), trimmed, halved lengthways
- 500g beef mince
- 120g sachet One Night in Mexico Spice Stir-In Seasoning
- 420g can Mexican salsa
- chilli beans
- 1 cup Perfect Bakes shredded cheese
- 2 green spring onions,
- finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, deseeded, finely chopped
- ½ avocado, finely chopped
- Place zucchini in a rectangular, shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover with damp absorbent kitchen paper. Microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Remove. Drain.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add beef. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for about 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in seasoning and ¹∕³ cup water. Gently boil, stirring for about 3 minutes, or until thick. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Spread beans over the base of an oven-proof dish (12-cup capacity x 6cm deep). Place zucchini, side-by-side over top. Spoon over mince mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove.
- Serve sprinkled with onions, tomato and avocado.
For more delicious and easy recipes that the whole family will love, pick up your copy of New Idea Mince 2 at a selected newsagent or supermarket, or buy online for just $9.99.