Cheesy Chipotle Meatballs
Serves 4, Prep and Cook: 25 mins
- 2 x 420g packets beef meatballs
- 225g sachet smoky chipotle fajita cooking sauce
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1¼ cups grated pizza cheese
- Small soft tortillas
- OPTIONAL: Thinly sliced cucumber and shredded iceberg lettuce, to serve
- Heat 1 tblsp olive oil in a medium, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add meatballs. Cook, turning occasionally for about 8 minutes, or until browned.
- Add cooking sauce to pan. Bring to boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Cover with lid. Gently boil, for about 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Uncover.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Replace lid. Cook for a further 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Heat tortilllas according to packet directions.
- Serve meatballs with warm tortillas, cucumber and lettuce (optional).
Any flavoured meatballs can be used in this recipe, or for a change, try replacing meatballs with chipolatas or thin sausages.
For more quick and easy meals, pick up a copy of New Idea 5 Ingredients in selected supermarkets and newsagents, or buy online here today!