Smoked Salmon and Avocado on Rye
Serves 6 Prep 15 mins
- 2 large avocados
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 6 slices sourdough rye bread
- 200g packet sliced smoked salmon
- ¼ cup crème fraiche
- OPTIONAL: Fresh micro herbs and lemon wedges, to serve
- Cut avocados in half. Remove and discard stones. Scoop flesh into a bowl. Coarsely mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel cucumber lengthways, into long, thin ribbons.
- Lightly toast bread. Spread slices with avocado. Top with cucumber and salmon. Dollop with crème fraîche.
- Serve with micro herbs and lemon wedges (optional).
For a change, try replacing rye bread with toasted bagels or Turkish bread. If micro herbs are unavailable, substitute chopped fresh chives.
For more quick and easy meals, pick up a copy of New Idea 5 Ingredients in selected supermarkets and newsagents, or buy online here today!