One very clever woman has shared to the Facebook group Kmart Air Fryer Recipes how to make Dorito Chicken, and to say we're intrigued would be putting it mildly.
wrote in her post, “One of my favourite ways to cook chicken and it's a hit in our house and will be in yours too!!”
The recipe in question requires only five ingredients including a packet of Cheese Supreme Doritos, which you’ll have to crush. The best part of all - other than the delicious combination of Doritos and chicken - is that it only takes 10 minutes to cook in an air fryer.
The method can also be used for crumbing chicken fillets for burgers or schnitzels. Genius!
1 chicken breast (diced)
1 packet of Doritos (Cheese Supreme)
1/4 cup of milk or water
1/3 cup of plain flour
1. Preheat air fryer to 180°C.
2. Crush 1/2 the packet of Doritos and place in a bowl. You may need more depending on the size of chicken breast.
3. Dice chicken breast into 2cm cubes.
4. Whisk eggs with milk or water.
5. Crumb as normal (flour, eggs, and Doritos)
6. Cook in 2 or 3 batches, as it may get too crowded in the basket.
7. Cook for approx. 10 mins, shaking 2 or 3 times. Check one to make sure they're cooked all the way through.
And there you have it, you're new air frying addiction.
You may also like
3-ingredient Biscoff Twix bars
The one bad thing about air fryers you didn't know
Aussie mum shares 'ingenious' Mini Sheperd's Pie recipe with a very unlikely ingredient... made using her Kmart Air Fryer!