Love Violet Crumble? Well have we got a treat for you.
The clever folk at Violet Crumble have created this ah-mazing cheesecake recipe, and we couldn’t love it more.
The cracking cheesecake has taken Facebook by storm, with Aussies desperate to get their hands on a slice of it.
‘I need this in my life, like now,’ said one. ‘Oh my heavens!’ added another.
Said a third: ‘Dreams really do come true.’
The lovely team at Violet Crumble
have agree to share the recipe with New Idea Food
’s readers - yesssssss! - see below for more! And don’t forget to head over to their website for even more amazing recipes
Violet Crumble Cheesecake
- 250g pack of Choc Ripple biscuits
- 155g butter melted
- 2 tsp gelatine
- 1/4 cup water
- 200g milk chocolate chopped
- 500g cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 Violet Crumble bars, chopped into rough pieces (1 extra Violet Crumble for decoration of cheesecake)
1. Grease a 24cm round spring form pan and line base with baking paper
2. Process biscuits until crushed
3. Add butter and process until combined
4. Press mixture over base and up sides of prepared pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling
5. Sprinkle gelatine over water in a small heatproof jug. Stand jug in a pan of simmering water. Stir until dissolved, remove and cool.
6. Place chocolate in heatproof bowl. Stir bowl over pan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove and cool for 10 minutes
7. Beat cream cheese and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth
8. With mixer on low speed, beat in cream, then chocolate and gelatine mixture until smooth. Fold in Violet Crumble pieces
9. Pour filling over biscuit base. Chop the one remaining Violet Crumble up and add to top of cheesecake. Cover and refrigerate overnight until set
10. To serve, remove the side of pan and transfer cheesecake to a serving plate. Enjoy!