500 g beef mince
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp curry powder
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced diagonally
2 cups water
1 beef stock cube, crumbled
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1 cup frozen peas
Salt and pepper, to taste
Olive oil cooking spray
Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
500 g pumpkin, peeled, chopped
500 g brushed potatoes, peeled, chopped
2 tbsp milk
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add mince and onion. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for about 5 minutes or until changed in colour. Stir in flour and curry powder. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, water, stock cube and sauce. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes. Remove lid, stir in peas. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to ovenproof dish (8-cup capacity).
- Meanwhile, to make topping, place pumpkin and potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to boil. Boil, covered, for about 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain. Return to pan. Place over a low heat. Mash until smooth. Stir in milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mash over meat mixture. Rough top with a fork. Spray with cooking spray. Place on an oven tray.
- Cook in a hot (200C) oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until topping is lightly browned. Remove. Stand for 5 minutes. Garnish with parsley.