Grill’d has launched four new Healthy Fried Chicken (HFC) Burgers onto its menu and also revealed the recipe to the HFC Classic Burger to the public.
WATCH BELOW: Crunchy Chicken Schnitzel Burgers with Crispy Bacon
The HFC Burger range is 100% Natural with no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, cooked in Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and uses gluten free HFC made with just RSPCA Approved chicken breast, free from hormones and chemicals.
The whole burger can be gluten free if ordered on a Low carb or Gluten free bun.
It follows the launch of HFC Bites last year to provide an innovative, healthier and natural take on fried chicken nuggets.
Grill’d has launched four new Healthy Fried Chicken (HFC) Burgers.
The burger range all include healthy fried chicken, with the HFC Classic featuring dill pickles, cos lettuce and egg mayo, and the HFC BLAT has crispy bacon, avocado, cos lettuce, tomato and herbed mayo.
The HFC Smokey has dill pickles, slaw, Spanish onion and chipotle mayo, and the HFC Hot includes Grill’d Hawthorn hot sauce, jalapenos, slaw, shredded carrot, Spanish onion and egg mayo.
The HFC burger range is available in all restaurants and channels nationwide, with HFC Classic priced at $14.50, the HFC BLAT at $15.90, the HFC Smokey for $15.50, and the HFC Hot for $15.90.
The burger range all include healthy fried chicken.
Grill’d has also made the recipe to its HFC Classic Burger publicly available so that customers can see for themselves what the HFC burgers are made of.
“Some recipes are kept secret for a reason, but not ours. We took the path less travelled and did things the right way," said Simon Crowe, Grill’d Founder.
"We could have taken short cuts and fried our chicken in Canola oil like the Colonel, but instead we choose to use Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil which is packed with nutrients and natural antioxidants," Simon said.
You can find the full recipe and method for the HFC Classic below.
Grill’d has also made the recipe to its HFC Classic Burger publicly available.
• 1 whole wheat flour burger bun, perfectly
toasted, golden brown on the outside
• 50g of egg mayo
• 2-3 leaves of fresh, crunchy cos lettuce
• RSPCA Approved chicken breast, use a small
to medium size breast and butterfly in half.
You want even thickness for consistent cooking
• ½ cup rice flour for coating the chicken
breast before batter
• 2 eggs whisked or ½ cup buttermilk for
coating the chicken breast
• 100% Natural Gluten free chicken crumb
(ours is made with Rice Flour, Cornflour, Maize
Flour, Tapioca Starch, Potato Starch, Salt,
Onion & Garlic Powder, Bi Carb - but you’ll be
able to find a great option at your local health
• Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• A pinch of herb salt
• 1 large Australian grown dill pickle
You can make it yourself at home!
1. Place rice flour into a mixing bowl and coat the RSPCA Approved
2. Remove the chicken breast and place into a bowl with the buttermilk
to coat, leave it to soak for a few minutes
3. Put the chicken crumb ingredients in a small bowl, and mix together
4. Place the chicken breast in the crumbing to coat. If you want extra
crispiness, add more crumbing
5. Cook your Gluten free HFC RSPCA Approved chicken breast in a deep
pan with Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add the oil into the pan first and
then add the chicken breast when the pan is hot. We recommend using
a digital thermometer to check the oil temp is 170°c (tip: perfect temp will
make sure the inside is cooked and the outside is crispy). Once removed,
check the thickest part of the chicken breast has reached 75°c internally
6. Place chicken breast on a paper towel, and season with herb salt
7. Place the burger bun in your oven grill. Toast until golden brown on
8. Spread the egg mayo evenly across base and top of the bun
9. Place the fresh, crunchy cos lettuce on the base of the burger bun
10. Finely cut the Australian grown pickle into three thin long-strip
slices, and place on the top bun
11. Place the cooked chicken breast on top of the lettuce and
season your HFC breast with another pinch of herb salt
12. Add the top of the bun to the burger and serve