This stellar recipe has been circulating the internet for years now, and is the creation of Instagram baker Lauren Matheson. It’s easy to throw together and a good use for Baileys if it’s just sitting in your cupboard. Best of all, if you're not a Maltesers or Tim Tams fan, then you can sub in any other choc biccie!
Ingredients600ml thickened cream 1 tbsp icing sugar 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 tbsp cocoa 60g Baileys Irish Cream 250g Chocolate Ripple biscuits 6 Tim Tam biscuits roughly chopped 200g Maltesers
- 1. Pour the thickened cream into a large bowl and add the icing sugar, cocoa and vanilla extract. Use an electric hand mixer to whisk the cream until soft peaks form.
2. Add the Baileys Irish Cream and lightly whisk to combine.
3. Place a large serving plate onto your bench and place a little of the whipped cream onto the base.
4. Place a little cream between two chocolate ripple biscuits and stand them on your plate in the cream. Repeat until you have completed your Chocolate Ripple log.
5. Use a spatula to spread a thick layer of cream all over your Chocolate Ripple Cake. Make sure it’s covered well, and you can’t see any of the biscuits.
6. Carefully place the Maltesers around the base of your Baileys Chocolate Ripple Cake and decorate the top with chopped pieces of Tim Tam Biscuits and extra Maltesers.
7. Cover your Chocolate Ripple Cake and place in the fridge for 4+ hours to allow the biscuits to soften.