“The reverse hanger hack” is designed to be done NOW - as soon as they New Year begins.
If tackling your clutter once and for all this year is a challenge you’ve set yourself, professional organiser Anita Birges from Mise en Place, with her wardrobe hack promises to change your life instantly – with lasting results.
Here's how it works:
1. One by one, take all your clothes on their hangers off the rail and reverse them so that they hang in opposite direction - turn them from the inside out so the open part of the hanger facing out towards you
2. Set yourself a timer to remind you in 6 months time to check your hangers again.
3. Now, each day as you wear clothes one by one, replace them on the rail with the hangers facing back to the inside as you would normally do
4. Wear your clothes and replace them normally in this way for the next 6 months
5. In six months to the day, take a look at which of your hangers have not been turned around – this means you haven’t worn them for the entire season and you can remove them from your life! Donate, sell or swap the items with your friends.
Watch Anita’s video here to see how it’s done: