Meghan Markle's father Thomas Markle has reportedly changed his mind on attending his daughter's May 19 wedding.
Speaking once again to TMZ, the former lighting director has changed his mind after speaking to his daughter, and has decided to attend the highly-anticipated event.
However, Thomas says this is all relying on his doctor’s approval and that he is back in the hospital after reportedly suffering a heart attack last week.
Yesterday, Kensington Palace confirmed in a statement, 'This is a deeply personal moment for Ms. Markle in the days before her wedding. She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr. Markle in this difficult situation.'
Thomas Markle claims that Meghan attempted to call him yesterday, but he was not near his phone to answer the call. Thomas says she then sent him a text message, in which she said that she loved him and was worried about him and how he was feeling.
He says that Meghan also told him that she was not angry that he coordinated with a photographer to stage photoshoots ahead of the wedding, a decision he is now claiming was 'stupid.'
'I hate the idea of missing one of the greatest moments in history,' he told TMZ. 'Of course I’d walk her down the aisle. This is a historic moment. I’d like to be a part of history.'
Thomas also touched on his other daughter Samantha, who was the catalyst behind the now infamous staged photographs. He said the two women are not close.