Tip: We used 15cm bamboo skewers. Brioche buns are available from major supermarkets. If you prefer, toast buns under the oven grill on a chargrill plate.
2 tblsps olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 small red capsicum, cut into 1cm pieces
1 small yellow capsicum, cut into 1cm pieces
3 cloves garlic, crushed
500g beef mince
400g can crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup chipotle in adobo sauce
Salt and pepper, to taste
6 slices tasty cheese
6 brioche burger buns, split
6 dill cucumber pickles
Potato crisps, to serve
Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion, capsicums and garlic. Cook. Stir occasionally, until soft.
2. Add beef. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Stir in tomatoes and chipotle sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until thickened. Uncover. Arrange cheese over top. Cover. Cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
4. Meanwhile, heat a separate, large frying pan over a medium high heat. Place buns cut side down. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Remove.
5. Divide beef mixture among bases. Replace tops. Secure pickles to tops with skewers.
6. Serve with potato crisps.