1. How old is Shannon Bennett?
Shannon Bennett is 43 years old, he was born in Melbourne, Victoria on November 23rd 1975.
2. How tall is Shannon Bennett?
Shannon is 170cm (5ft6) tall.
3. What is Shannon Bennett's net worth?
In 2018, his estimated net worth was $10 million.
4. Where is Shannon Bennett's house?
Shannon and Madelaine purchased the coveted mansion at Lansell Rd in Toorak
in 2017 for $16 million. Since their separation, there is no information on where they are currently living.
5. Who is Shannon Bennett's wife?
Shannon Bennett was previously in a relationship with Australian actress and Neighbours star Madeleine West. The pair met in 2001 at a dinner party hosted by Jamie Oliver.
6. When did Shannon Bennett get married?
Shannon and Madeline were never married but started dating in 2004.
7. Why did Shannon Bennett and Madeleine West split up?
Madelaine confirmed the couples split in September 2018, telling Stellar
that they are "striving to reconnect as friends and parents." She continued "having a public profile, having two high-pressure careers, having a multitude of children - and I will say they are a lot harder to train than dragons - it puts exponential pressures on a relationship, and cracks can form, and things that we don't necessarily plan in the beginning can happen"
8. Does Shannon Bennett have any children?
Bennett and West have six children together Phoenix, 13, Hendrix, 11, Xascha, 9, Xanthe, 7, and twins Xalia and Margaux, 5, whom they will continue to co-parent the children.
9. Does Shannon Bennett have a café in the Dandenong's?
No, he does not have a cafe in the Dandenong’s.
10. Where does Shannon Bennett have restaurants?
Bennett currently has a total of six restaurants Vue Events at Rialto, The Lui Bar, Bistro Vue, Benny Burger and Café Vue in two locations and one cafe Burnham Bakery at Eastland.
11. Has Shannon Bennett won any awards?
Shannon has won multiple awards for his culinary skills and restaurant Vue de monde. Editor of The Age Good Food Guide 2013
Janne Apelgren said “There’s nowhere else quite like Vue de Monde, Shannon Bennett’s grand vision delivering a restaurant which marries a stunning setting, sublime food and polished service.”
“It may be pricey, but for a big night out, it’s unrivalled.”
- 2013 Bistro Vue, Top 10 French restaurants
- 2013 ‘Restaurant of the Year’ The Age Good Food Guide
- 2012 Eat-Drink-Design Awards Best Bar Design Best Restaurant Design
- 2012 Australian Gourmet Traveller Restaurant Guide
- 2012 The Age Good Bar Guide -The Lui bar - winner best restaurant bar - two glasses And Bistro vue - 1 glass
- 2011 Wine spectator
- 2004 San Pellegrino Cooking Cup, Venice, Italy 2004, Overall winner & winner best dish
- 2003 Australian Gourmet Traveller, Inaugural award 'Best New Talent'
12. Has Shannon Bennett written any books?
To date, Bennett has written eight books.
1. 28 days in Provence
2. Cooking All Over the World
3. My French Vue - Bistro cooking at Home
4. My Vue Modern French Cookery
5. Shannon Bennett’s Paris
6. Shannon Bennett’s London
7. Shannon Bennett’s France
8. Shannon Bennett’s New York
13. What TV shows has Shannon Bennett been on?
Shannon has appeared multiple times as a guest judge on MasterChef Australia
14. What has Shannon Bennett cooked on Masterchef?
Shannon challenged one of the contestants to recreate his iconic Chocolate Peanut Bar
, Bistro Vue’s Warm Chocolate mousse. On a separate occasion, he taught the contestants how to make a jaffle.
He has also schooled the contestants on how to make two types of donuts
16. What are Shannon Bennett's signature recipes?
He is most commonly known for his innovative dessert recipes.
17. What are Shannon Bennett's career highlights?
Shannon’s career highlights include winning Gourmet Traveller’s Best New Talent in 2013, multiple appearances on Masterchef and the numerous awards Vue de monde has won under his guidance and leadership.
In 2007, he was invited to be the first Australian member of the associations Jeunes Restaurateurs D’Europe and Les Grandes Tables Du Monde.
18. Which notable chefs has Shannon Bennett collaborated with?
Bennett has been trained by some of the world’s top chefs such as Marco Pier White, Alain Ducasse and John Burton-Race.
19. Has Shannon Bennett been involved in any scandals?
The biggest scandal that Bennett has been a part of was over alleged unpaid bills for a custom-designed lobster tank in 2018. Although payment was negotiated privately after Greg Kirby called out the chef on A Current Affair
Employees at Vue de monde have also complained in the past of unfair working conditions and that they are underpaid, when asked to comment Vue Group responded “Team members on annualised salary are paid 25 per cent above the award (per the award flexibility provision) and are at times rostered to do reasonable overtime.”
20. Is Shannon Bennett on Instagram?
You can follow Shannon Bennett on Instagram, his handle is chefbennett23
and he has over 170,000 followers.
21. Is Shannon Bennett on Twitter?
Shannon Bennet tweets from @VueBennett
although he posts most regularly on Instagram.