1 tblsp olive oil
1 onion finely chopped
1 clove garlic crushed
1 tblsp moroccan seasoning
1.5 kg butternut pumpkin peeled, chopped
2 large carrots peeled, chopped
1 cup dried red lentils drained, rinsed
1 litre chicken stock
1 cup water
½ cup natural yoghurt to serve
½ cup croutons to serve
- Heat oil in a stockpot over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until soft. Add seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add pumpkin, carrots, lentils, stock and water. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until pumpkin is soft. Remove. Stand for 10 minutes to cool.
- Carefully blend hot soup, in batches, until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return soup to stockpot. Stir over a medium to low heat until hot.
- Swirl through yoghurt. Serve with croutons.