2 frozen shortcrust pastry sheets, thawed
fresh parsley, to garnish
lime, cut into wedges, to serve
2 chorizo sausages, chopped
1 small red capsicum, chopped
1 small green capsicum, chopped
2 green spring onions, thinly sliced
⅓ cup thick and chunky mild salsa
½ cup pure cream
¾ cup grated Mexican cheese blend
salt and pepper, to taste
- Grease a 24cm round, loose-base flan tin. Place on an oven tray.
- Join pastry sheets together with edges slightly overlapping. Press to seal. Line tin with pastry. Trim edge. Cover with a sheet of baking paper. Fill with dried beans or rice.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for 15 minutes. Remove paper and beans. Return to oven. Cook for a further 5 to 10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove. Cool.
- Meanwhile, make filling. Heat an oiled frying pan over a medium heat. Add chorizo. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes, or until golden. Add capsicums and onions. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until onions are soft. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in salsa. Cool.
- Spoon chorizo mixture into pastry case. Whisk eggs, cream and cheese in a medium jug until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over chorizo mixture.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160°C) for about 35 minutes, or until golden.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve with lime wedges.