Maple Crunch Cheesecake Slice
*Serves 15 *Prep 25 mins
- 250g Gullon Sugar Free Shortbread Cookies
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tsps powdered gelatine
- 250g block cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tblsps stevia
- 3 cups corn flakes (100g)
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tblsps sugar free maple syrup
- 2 tsps stevia
- ¹⁄³ cup slivered almonds, toasted, chopped
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending the paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Process cookies in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press firmly over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate base while making filling.
- To make filling, sprinkle gelatine over 2 tblsps water in a small heatproof jug. Sit jug in a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine is dissolved. Remove. Cool slightly.
- Process cream cheese, yoghurt and stevia in same, clean bowl of food processor until smooth. Add gelatin mixture. Process until combined. Pour over biscuit base. Stand at room temperature while making the topping.
- To make topping, place corn flakes in large snap-lock bag. Seal. Gently pound with a rolling pin until finely crushed. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat butter, syrup and stevia in a medium saucepan over a medium heat, stirring until butter is melted. Bring to boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add to corn flakes with almonds. Mix well. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle topping over filling. Refrigerate for 6 hours, or overnight until set.
- To serve, lift slice from pan and cut into squares.
To toast almonds, spread over an oven tray. Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until light golden. Remove and cool. Cheesecake can be made up to three days ahead.