Did someone say mango, blueberry and coconut? Lose weight without sacrificing taste with more delicious recipes from New Idea’s You Won’t Believe It’s Sugar Free 2! Available for just $9.99 at selected newsagents and supermarkets, or online.
- 625g jar mangoes sliced in juice, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 50g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¹/³cup Natvia
- 2/³cup shredded coconut
- ¾ cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tblsps traditional rolled oats
- Spreadable butter, to serve
Grease a large, deep loaf pan (base measures 11.5cm x 20cm, 9cm deep). Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above pan edges.
2. Blend mango in a blender until smooth. Reserve 1 cup. Use remaining puree for another recipe. Transfer reserved puree to a large jug. Add milk, eggs and melted butter. Whisk until combined.
3. Sift combined flours and soda into a large bowl. Stir in Natvia and ½ cup of the coconut. Add mango mixture. Stir until combined. Gently fold in berries. Pour into prepared pan. Smooth over top. Sprinkle with combined oats and remaining coconut.
4. Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 20 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
5. Serve warm or cold bread cut into slices with butter.