1 1/4 cups plain flour
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
100g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
1 tblsp cocao powder
1/4 bicarbonate of soda
2 tsps vanilla extract
150g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chopped, unsalted macadamias (80g)
Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
150g dark chocolate, chopped
Trace a 25cm-diameter circle onto a sheet of baking paper. Place on a greased, large oven tray, trace-side down.
2. Place flour, sugar, butter, cocoa, soda, egg and vanilla in a food processor. Process until mixture forms a soft dough. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in chocolate and nuts.
3. Place dough in the centre of the circle on prepared tray. Using your fingertips, press dough out to the edge of the circle.
4. Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until firm to touch in the centre. Remove from oven. Cool cookie on tray.
5. To make a chocolate sauce, combine chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove.
6. Serve cookie with ice-cream and warm chocolate sauce.