175g unsalted butter, chopped
1 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
300ml tub thickened cream, whipped
12 medium fresh strawberries, hulled, halved lengthways
Chocolate writing icing
24 fresh blueberries
Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above edges of pan.
2. Combine butter, sugar, milk and cocoa in a saucepan. Whisk over a medium to low heat until melted and smooth. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Cool slightly.
3. Add eggs and combined sifted flour and soda. Whisk until smooth. Pour into pan.
4. Cook in a moderately slow over (160C) about 25 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Remove from oven. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
5. Place cake on a board. Trim short ends. Cut into 24 equal squares.
6. To make ladybug bodies, pipe writing icing lengthways down the centre of halved berries. Pope small dots on either side, as pictured.
7. Spoon whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with 1cm plain nozzle. Pipe five dots around top of each square, then one dot in the centre to form a flower shape. Top with ladybug bodies and blueberries for heads.