A popular bedside product sold by Kmart has been urgently recalled by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) amidst electrocution fears created by a defect in the design.
The product - Marmo Marble Table Lamp - currently sells for $22 at the retailer and has been designed with a real marble base and elegant stem - at least according to its product listing.
WATCH NOW: Kmart candle explodes. Article continues after video.
As an affordable dupe for more expensive bedside table lamps, it comes as no surprise that the aesthetically pleasing product is a bestseller for Kmart, but now previous purchasers have been warned to stop using it immediately.
According to the ACCC, it has been discovered that some of the lamps have a faulty power cord that may detach where it meets the inline switch, exposing the user to live wires.
Kmart have remained tight lipped about the product recall so far.
"The power cord may detach where it meets the inline switch, exposing live wires," the ACCC reported.
"There is a risk of serious injury or death from electric shock or electrocution."
"Electric shock incidents associated with this defect have occurred."
Do you have one of these lamps in your home?
The ACCC is now advising anyone with lamps with the key codes 42245209 and 42328384, with batch codes 33/15 to 51/18, that were sold between January 1st, 2016, and December 31st, 2019 to immediately stop using them.
Purchasers are then encouraged to disconnect the lamp from the main power and cut the cord safely.
If you are affected you can return your recalled lamp for a refund or brand new one at your nearest Kmart or K Hub store.
For more information, you can contact Kmart Customer Service on 1800 124 125, Monday to Friday between 7am and 6pm AEST, or visit www.kmart.com.au