Impress your family and friends with this deliciously easy dinner at your next BBQ! Get more recipes like this from New Idea’s The Great Summer Cook Off – on sale now at selected newsagents or supermarkets, or online.
- 2 x 400g beef flank steaks
- 600g piece Kent pumpkin
- 2 tblsps olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 1 red capsicum
- 60g wild rocket, trimmed
- Balsamic dressing, to serve
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tblsps Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tblsps chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tblsp Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To make marinade, combine all the ingredients in a small jug.
2. Place beef in a shallow dish. Pour over marinade. Turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for four hours, or overnight. Drain beef.
3. Peel and deseed pumpkin. Cut into 1cm-thick slices. Toss pumpkin in half the oil in a large bowl. Season. Cut onion into 1cm-thick rounds and capsicum into 1cm-thick strips. Toss in remaining oil in another bowl.
4. Heat a lightly oiled grill plate over a high heat. Add the beef. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until it’s cooked to your liking. Remove. Reduce the heat to medium. Cover beef loosely with foil to keep warm.
5. Add pumpkin to grill plate. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until it’s charred and tender. Remove.
6. Add capsicum and onion to grill plate. Cook, turning frequently, for about 8 minutes, or until charred and tender. Remove.
7. Thinly slice beef across the grain. Arrange rocket on a large serving plate. Top with vegetables. Drizzle with balsamic dressing.