Kick your sugar cravings to the curb with these delicious double choc muffins! For more guilt-free sweet treats, get your copy of New Idea’s Sugar Free today! Only $9.99 from selected supermarkets and newsagents or buy online today.
*Makes 12 *Prep 20 mins *Cook 20 mins
* 2 x 90g blocks sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
* 150g unsalted butter, chopped
* ¼ cup stevia
* ¾ cup buttermilk
* 2 eggs, lightly beaten
* 1¹⁄³ cups self-raising flour
* 2 tblsps cocoa powder
* 90g block sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped
* ¼ cup pure cream
1. Line a 12-hole muffin pan (¹⁄³-cup capacity) with paper cases.
2. Place half the chocolate and the butter in a large, heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove. Cool slightly.
3. Whisk stevia into cooled chocolate mixture until combined. Add buttermilk, eggs and combined sifted flour and cocoa. Stir until combined. Fold in remaining chopped chocolate. Divide evenly among paper cases.
4. Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. To make ganache, combine chocolate and cream in a medium heatproof bowl.
6. Sift bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove bowl. Refrigerate for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until thickened.
7. Spoon ganache over the top of the muffins.
For a change, make milk chocolate ganache by replacing dark chocolate with milk chocolate, then sprinkle with grated white chocolate.