The couple went downstairs and couldn't find Riley.
'The dog was barking like mad and running backwards and forwards to the tumble dryer but because it was so dark inside she could not see where Riley was,' says Aaron.
The family could hear banging and crashing from the dryer and pulled Riley out. They poured cold water over him and rang emergency services. Riley was taken to hospital to check the burns and bruising to his head.
His parents think he was inside for a couple of minutes. As his dad says: 'It doesn't bear thinking about what might have happened if the dog had not been there.'