- 3 chorizos (130g each), diagonally sliced
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 6 long Vietnamese rolls, warmed
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- ²⁄³ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tblsps olive oil
- 1 tblsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- ½ cup whole egg mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
To make sauce, process parsley, coriander and garlic in a small food processor until finely chopped. Add oil, vinegar and chilli flakes. Process until combined. Reserve 2 tblsps. Transfer remaining mixture to a bowl. Stir in mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add chorizo. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
3. Combine the tomatoes, capsicum, onion and reserved herb mixture in a bowl. Season. Mix well.
4. To serve, cut rolls lengthways down the centre, without cutting all the way through. Spoon half the sauce evenly into rolls. Top with chorizo and tomato mixture. Serve with remaining sauce.
For more delicious recipes winter warming recipes pick up a copy of New Idea’s Winter Feasts for only $9.99 today! Available at selected newsagents and supermarkets, or online.