Cabanossi, Capsicum and Spinach Penne
*Serves 4, *Prep and Cook: 20 mins
- 375g penne pasta
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks cabanossi (250g), thinly sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, chopped
- 400g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 120g baby spinach leaves
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Cook pasta in a stockpot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Return to same pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and cabanossi. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft and cabanossi is lightly browned.
- Add the capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in sauce and stock. Bring to boil. Gently boil for about 5 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add sauce to pasta with spinach. Stir over a low heat until spinach is just wilted, and pasta is hot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with parmesan.
For more fast and easy recipes, get your copy of 20 Minute Meals in store or buy online today.