The biggest day of many women's lives that millions of girls spend years dreaming up and planning out to perfection.
And for the typical bride-to-be, there is one element of the wedding day that trumps all else in terms of importance: the wedding dress.
In recent years traditional fairy tale wedding gowns have taken something of a back seat in favour of their hotter, sleeker and downright sexier counterparts, revealing wedding dresses.
On runways from Paris to New York bridal collection designers are showcasing a seductive array of sexy wedding dresses featuring plunging necklines, daring backless scoops and sheer detailing to create the impression of a barely there, semi-naked bridal gown.
From thigh-high slits to low-cut cleavage, New Idea takes you through ten of the most revealing bridal dresses on the market that guarantee the bride will stand out for all the right reasons on her wedding day.
10. Sheer, see through material that looks like skin is a sophisticated way for fashion designers to create a seriously seductive bridal gown.
Beach and bohemian style weddings suit the sheer trend, while sheer material also looks great on dresses with long sleeves.
Australian E! News host Ksenija Lukich chose a sheer, embellished wedding gown by Steven Khalil that featured an illusion plunging neckline for her big day.
9. While long sleeves are a timeless wedding dress feature, sleeveless gowns are currently enjoying a major moment in the sun.
Internationally acclaimed bridal fashion designer Monique Lhuillier specialises in stunning sleeveless numbers, and that's exactly what Swiss-American blogger Annie Atkinson Bodmer went for on her special day.
Her Monique dress was perfection from the beautifully scooped neckline to the statement feather skirt.
8. Another variation on the sheer panelling trend that's definitely not for the faint of heart is the skirt-less wedding dress - sheer all the way from the waist to the toes!
Bride and Her, a Wollongong-based bridal dress boutique, stock a range of daring gowns in white and other colours like this exquisitely embroidered lavender creation.
7. Low-cut sweetheart necklines are a beautiful way of making a revealing wedding dress a little daintier.
Add a pair of three quarter length bardot sleeves, a tightly fitted bodice and lashings of beading and you get a modern fairy tale dress that is fit for a Disney princess - exactly like this one from luxury bridal boutique Pallas Collective.
6. Vera Wang is one of the world's leading bridal fashion designers.
The iconic designer is known for her penchant for revealing gowns with dramatically plunging necklines that showcase brides' cleavage to perfection.
5. Israeli fashion designer Galia Lahav is a huge name in wedding dresses from Tel Aviv to New York with good reason.
The brand's opulently ornate and decidedly out there bridal gowns often come with dangerously slashed thigh-high slits and long trains reminiscent of Kate Middleton's lengthy wedding dress carried by her sister Pippa back in 2011.
4. If you're after a revealing dress with real star potential, look no further than Spanish dress designer Pronovias.
Beloved by European fashionistas, the Barcelona-based brand uses expertly skilled seamstresses to create haute couture bridal gowns with VERY daring features including all-over sheer detailing, low-cut plunging necklines and naked illusion panelling.
3. They say underwear can now be worn as outerwear, and for any bride willing to put this mantra to the test on her big day New Zealand fashion designer Natalie Chan could be a safe bet to buy a wedding dress from.
2. Israel is known for many things, and revealing wedding dress designers is one of them!
Just like Galia Lahav, Israeli bridal couture house Berta is one of the world's leading creators of custom gowns - and they are custom to a whole new level, if you ask us.
Just take this offering from the Berta boutique in Milan featuring naked illusion panel over the chest adorned with glittering beads and sequins, not to mention the seriously sexy sheer bejeweled underwear peeking through from the waist high slit in the skirt.
The best part? Berta is available to buy in Sydney and Melbourne.
1. Perhaps the most sophisticated way to wear the revealing bridal gown trend is with a perfectly tailored backless dress.
Katie May, a Los Angeles based wedding dress designer, is stocked online across Australia and specialises in sexy backless numbers like this one that's slashed almost to the tailbone.