You Won’t Believe It’s Sugar Free is jam packed with over 120 recipes that won’t hurt your waistline! From classics such as Hummingbird Cake and Chocolate Profiteroles to Creamed Coconut Quinoa and Hazelnut Lemon Tart, whether you are an experienced cook or a beginner, you’ll be impressed at how easy it is to make these delicious guilt-free treats!
Hazelnut Lemon Tart
*Serves 8 – 10 * Prep: 1 hour * Cook: 27 mins
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- ½ cup hazelnut meal
- 1 tblsp Natvia
- 100g cold, unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 egg
- Whipped cream and fresh passionfruit, to serve
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup Natvia
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped
- Lightly grease a 13cm x 35cm rectangular loose-base flan tin.
- Process flour, meal, Natvia and butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add egg. Process until mixture just comes together. Turn out. Shape into a flat rectangle. Cover, refrigerate, for 30 minutes.
- Roll out pastry between two sheets of baking paper until large enough to line prepared tin. Lift into tin. Trim edges. Place on an oven tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cover pastry with a sheet of baking paper. Fill with dried beans or rice.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 15 minutes. Remove paper and beans. Return to oven. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool.
- To make filling, whisk eggs eggs into Natvia and juice into a large, heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Cook, stirring, with a wooden spoon, for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Don’t boil.
- Remove bowl from heat. Add Butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour filling into pastry case. Cool slightly. Refrigerate overnight, or until firm.
- To serve, remove tart from tin. Serve with cream and passionfruit pulp.
For more delicious guilt-free recipes, pick up your copy of New Idea’s You Won’t Believe It’s Sugar-Free! for only $9.99 today! Available at selected newsagents and supermarkets, or online at www.subscribetoday.com.au/buy/ywb