Hazelnut Lemon Tart
*Serves 8 – 10 * Prep: 1 hour * Cook: 27 mins
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- ½ cup hazelnut meal
- 1 tblsp Natvia
- 100g cold, unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 egg
- Whipped cream and fresh passionfruit, to serve
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup Natvia
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped
- Lightly grease a 13cm x 35cm rectangular loose-base flan tin.
- Process flour, meal, Natvia and butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add egg. Process until mixture just comes together. Turn out. Shape into a flat rectangle. Cover, refrigerate, for 30 minutes.
- Roll out pastry between two sheets of baking paper until large enough to line prepared tin. Lift into tin. Trim edges. Place on an oven tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cover pastry with a sheet of baking paper. Fill with dried beans or rice.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 15 minutes. Remove paper and beans. Return to oven. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool.
- To make filling, whisk eggs eggs into Natvia and juice into a large, heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Cook, stirring, with a wooden spoon, for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Don’t boil.
- Remove bowl from heat. Add Butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour filling into pastry case. Cool slightly. Refrigerate overnight, or until firm.
- To serve, remove tart from tin. Serve with cream and passionfruit pulp.
For more delicious guilt-free recipes, pick up your copy of New Idea’s You Won’t Believe It’s Sugar-Free! for only $9.99 today! Available at selected newsagents and supermarkets, or online at www.subscribetoday.com.au/buy/ywb