For more healthy and easy recipes to bet the summer heat, pick up your copy of New Idea’s The Great Summer Cook Off – on sale now at selected newsagents or supermarkets, or online.
- ¾ cup vanilla Greek yoghurt
- 2kg piece watermelon
- 2 tblsps Natvia
- 2 tblsps lemon juice
- ¹∕³ cup passionfruit pulp
- 12 wooden ice-cream sticks
Carefully divide yoghurt evenly among 12 ice pop moulds (100ml capacity), about 3 tsps in each. Tap base of moulds to remove air bubbles. Freeze for 1 hour.
2. Peel and discard the skin from watermelon. Cut the flesh into 3cm pieces. You will need 800g.
3. Place watermelon flesh, Natvia and juice in a blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a jug. Stir in pulp.
4. Pour evenly over yoghurt in ice pop moulds to within 5mm of the top. Tap base of moulds to remove air bubbles. Insert sticks. Freeze overnight.
5. When ready to serve, run the moulds under warm water for a couple of seconds to remove ice pops.