250 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
¼ cup caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1¾ cups plain flour
¼ cup custard powder
375 g dark chocolate melts
- Grease three large oven trays. Line with baking paper.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Using a wooden spoon, stir in combined sifted flour and custard powder.
- Spoon mixture into a large piping bag fitted with a 1cm fluted nozzle. Pipe mixture, about 2cm apart, into 8cm lengths on prepared trays.
- Cook, one tray at a time, in a moderate oven (180C) for about 12 minutes. Allow biscuits to cool on trays.
- Stir melts in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until smooth. Transfer to a small jug.
- Dip one end of each cold biscuit into chocolate. Gently shake to remove excess chocolate. Return to paper-lined trays. Stand at room temperature until set.