Hapless home cooks were horrified to discover the body of a bat inside their bag of salad mix.
After sending the body of the bad to the Centre for Disease Control (CDC) the pair were treated for rabies after tests couldn’t rule out that the bat was carrying the deadly disease, reports CNN.
The bags of salad were made by Fresh Express and distributed through Walmart stores in the US states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia.
The packets of salad have since been recalled, and the pair who ate the salad mix with the bat inside are fine after receiving preventative rabies treatments.
This article originally appeared on that’s life!
You might also like…