500g lamb mines
2 tblsps Middle Eastern spice blend
1/3 cup tomato paste
100g baby spinach leaves
1 cup drained, marinated grilled capsicum strips (200g)
Salt and pepper, to taste
500g loaf Turkish bread
200g feta, crumbled
2 tblsps pine nuts
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 cups fresh parsley leaves
1 tblsp lemon juice
1. Combine mince with seasoning in a large bowl.
2. Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add mince in two batches. Cook. stirring and breaking up mince, for about 2 minutes, or until browned.
3. Return all mince to pan. Add paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minutes. Add spinach. Stir until wilted. Stir in capsicum. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cut bread horizontally in half. Place on an oven tray. Spread evenly with mince mixture. Sprinkle with feta and nuts.
5. Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
6. Combine salad ingredients in a bowl. Cut pide into slices. Top with salad.
Find this and 160 other easy, affordable and tasty meals from our latest cookbook, Magic Mince - on sale now! With delicious recipes from all over the world – from Greek Pastitsio to Beef Nachos and Oriental Pork Bake - these recipes are the perfect solution to your mid-week dinner dilemmas.