340g packet buttercake mix
2L tub vanilla ice-cream
3 x 55g chocolate-coated Turkish delight, cut into 1cm pieces
125g punnet fresh raspberries, coarsely mashed
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1⁄4 tsp rosewater essence
300ml tub thickened cream, whipped
Extra chopped Turkish delight and fresh raspberries, to decorate
Grease two 19cm x 30cm lamington pans. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edges of pan.
2. Prepare cake mix according to packet directions. Divide evenly between pans. Smooth over tops.
3. Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 12 to 14 minutes, or until cooked. Remove from oven. Stand in pans for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire racks to cool.
4. Cut one cake in half crossways. Reserve one half for the top. Cut remaining half into three even strips. With one long side of remaining whole cake facing you, cut into six even strips.
5. Grease and line a pudding steamer (eight-cup capacity) with a double layer of plastic wrap, allowing wrap to overhang edge by 10cm. Line steamer with cake strips, trimming to fit.
6. Place ice-cream in a large bowl. Stand at room temperature until slightly softened. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in Turkish delight, raspberries, almonds and essence. Spoon into steamer. Cover with reserved cake, trimming to fit. Cover with excess plastic wrap. Freeze overnight.
7. To serve, invert bombe onto a serving plate. Cover with cream. Decorate with extra Turkish delight and raspberries.