So what does a solid midsection do for you?
1. Reduces and prevents pain. “A strong core stabilises you and works like a natural brace for your joints.”
2. Makes you look taller and thinner (score!). “When you strengthen your upper back and shoulders, the muscles are pulled back and down, removing any trace of a hunch.”
3. Delays the ageing process. “Maintaining a strong core keeps your body aligned, so you can function properly.”
4. Improves activity in your noggin. “Having a stable spine allows your brain to receive your body’s messages more efficiently.”
5. Increases performance. “Stabilising your core hones your fine motor skills, so you can react quickly and stay balanced on unstable surfaces.”