In her new book Making It Up, Makeup Minus the Rules (New Holland Publishers Australia, $49.99) , M.A.C Global Senior Makeup Artist Nicole “Pinky” Thompson says the original French cleansing water is so good it started its own trend and most brands now have one.
French beauty: “I trust a French woman when she says she won’t use anything else - I mean have you seen how beautiful French women are? Backstage at fashion week this is a model’s favourite which speaks volumes as they have to remove their makeup up to five times daily during fashion week.
Looks are deceiving: “Micellar water looks just like plain old water but it is far from it! Put simply, it has teeny tiny oil molecules called micelles floating in softened water that stick to all the gunk on your face and dissolve it.
Good for ageing skin: “The magic part is, it removes the bad stuff without stripping away the natural oils on your complexion! People have found that this cleanser actually improves the skins texture.”
5 of the best
1. NIVEA MicellAIR SKIN BREATHE Micellar Water – Sensitive, $11.99, nivea.com.au
2. Essano Rosehip Gentle Facial Cleansing Micellar Water, $12.99, essano.com.au
3. Natio Rosewater Hydration Antioxidant Micellar Cleansing Water, $14.95. natio.com.au
4. BIODERMA Hydrabio H2O, $21.99, cosmetiquesdefrance.com.au
5. La Roche-Posay Micellar Cleansing Water, $25.95, laroche-posay.com.au