⅓ cup classic tomato pizza sauce
1 ball pizza dough (see below)
60 g mozzarella, coarsely grated
8 thin slices mild salami, torn
50 g shaved leg ham off the bone, torn
¼ small green capsicum, thinly sliced
5 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
¼ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
2 x 440 g cans sliced pineapple, roughly chopped
6 green prawns cutlets, tails removed, roughly chopped
¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
1 bottle extra virgin olive oil, to serve
1 bunch fresh basil leaves, to serve (optional)
Classic pizza dough (for 1 pizza base)
45 ml water, at room temperature
½ tsp dried yeast
¼ tsp caster sugar
130 g plain baker's flour, plus extra for dusting
¾ tsp sea salt flakes
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- To make dough: Put water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside at room temperature for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre, then pour in oil and yeast mixture. Using your hands, combine into a dough. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead with the heel of your hand for 8-10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic but still slightly sticky.
- Grease a large bowl with extra olive oil. Put dough in bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside for 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size. Remove plastic wrap from bowl. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch air from dough to return dough to its original size. Roll portion into a ball. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and leave for 15 minutes or until dough has doubled in size again. At this point you can freeze or refrigerate dough for later use.
- To roll out dough for use: Lightly dust a benchtop with flour. Working with the portion of dough, put dough on dusted benchtop. Roll out dough to a 28cm round, turning dough clockwise 45° after each time you roll it. This technique will help create a circle shape with ease. Lightly dust a 28cm pizza tray with flour. Put round on tray. Prick centre of pizza all over with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 240°C.
- Spread sauce over rolled out dough round, leaving a 5mm border. Top with ½ of the mozzarella. Arrange salami, ham, capsicum, mushrooms, olives, pineapple, prawns and onion on top, followed by remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese has melted and pizza dough is golden and crisp. Drizzle with oil and scatter with basil, if using. Serve.
- Load up your pizza as much as you like! The more texture and taste, the yummier.