You’ll love this delicious and easy-to-make recipe – it’s perfect for family weeknight meals! Bolognese, garlic bread & cheese – heaven on a plate!
Sloppy Joe Garlic Bread
Serves 4, Prep and Cook: 20 mins
- 500g packet beef mince
- 500g jar bolognese pasta sauce with chunky tomato, garlic and herbs
- 400g packet La Famiglia Kitchen Garlic Bread
- ¾ cup grated pizza cheese
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Heat an oiled, large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add beef in two batches. Cook, stirring to break up mince for about 4 minutes, or until browned.
- Return all beef to pan with sauce and ½ cup water. Bring to boil. Gently boil for about 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, separate garlic bread halves. Remove the paper insert. Place, cut-side up, on a large oven tray.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 10 minutes, or until light golden. Remove. Spoon beef mixture evenly over bread halves. Sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven. Cook for a further 6 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden. Remove.
- Served topped with baby rocket leaves (optional).
Any flavoured pasta sauce can be used. Try adding ½ tsp dried chilli flakes for a spicy kick.
For more quick and easy meals, pick up a copy of New Idea 5 Ingredients in selected supermarkets and newsagents, or buy online here today!