A New York woman was left seriously unwell after reportedly finding an “octopus looking thing” in her coconut water.
Barbara Kline had consumed almost all of her Vita Coco Pure Coconut Water when she noticed a suspicious object in the bottom of the carton.
The mum-of-two quickly took to Facebook share stomach-churning photos of her findings, captioning the post: “Everyone that drinks this please copy and paste of share to your profile to get the word out I have been sick to my stomach since I had this last night I don’t know what it is it looks like mold but I am highly convinced that it’s something else.”
Since they were uploaded on April 26, 2017 the images have been shared over 43,000 times.
Kline alleges she suffered diarrhea for over a week and was vomiting for days following the incident.
“I know there is some type of animal in there,” she said.
“I’ve got told it look like a mouse, I got told it looks like a squid, I got told it looks like a bunch of things that’s why I would like for somebody to get it tested for me that has more authority than me.”
“I understand that products get moldy and products get missed package and sometimes spoil but this is just too much for me.”
A spokesperson for Vita Coco has revealed they are investigating the claims.
“We take all consumer inquiries and product quality issues very seriously, and as a global brand have protocols to properly investigate quality inquiries,” the spokesperson said in a statement.
“As it stands now, we are reviewing Ms. Kline’s claim thoroughly so we can assist her in the best manner possible.”
You might also like…