Housework is often regarded negatively, but a recent survey found homemakers are happier than women who are in the work force.
The role of the housewife has changed significantly over the years and according to the survey for Yougov published on The Daily Mail, what the role actually involves might surprise you.
Although it's recommended that bed sheets be changed once a week, ‘the average housewife’ changes them once a fortnight. She never washes the pillows or the duvet.
The Daily Mail reports, the average British housewife ensures the toilet is always clean and the towels are changed once a week. And, although not everyone will agree, 75 per cent said they hang the toilet roll so the paper rolls out from the top. When it comes to showering, 65 per cent said they shower daily, but the other 35 per cent go without a shower at least three days a week.
The Living room
Although most said they prefer to eat at the dinner table, it doesn’t always turn out that way with 58 per cent saying often watch TV while they eat. Dusting is kept to a minimum, once a month, and 82 per cent said they cleaned the couch properly once every few months.
It turns out the average housewife will spend between 30 minutes to an hour preparing food, but 55 per cent said they don’t enjoy it. The floor is mopped once a week.