General manager Steve Davies added: "Alongside the rest of the world we are reacting to the surprising news that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be stepping back as senior Royals.
"From today Meghan and Harry’s figures will no longer appear in our Royal Family set," Mr Davies said.
Despite the radical decision to strip the wax figures of their royal status, the general manager reportedly told the publication Harry and Meghan will still be available to be viewed.
"As two of our most popular and well-loved figures they will of course remain an important feature at Madame Tussauds London as we watch to see what the next chapter holds for the them," he said.
However, in August last year, it was revealed the Duchess’ statue had been shifted into the “A-list party room”, which was home to celebs such as Priyanka Chopra and the Beckhams.
Harry was then moved to be positioned alongside Her Majesty and other members of the royal family, but as Mr Davies told the publication at the time, the move wasn’t permanent.
"We’re just allowing Meghan to mingle in her more-familiar celebrity circle for a while,” Mr Davies said.
Following a social media backlash, Meghan's wax figure was eventually reunited with Harry and the other members of the Royal Family, where it stayed until Thursday.