6 brushed potatoes (1.6kg), peeled, cut into 5cm pieces
1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp ground paprika
1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until just tender.
Drain through a colander. Shake colander to roughen edges.
2 Meanwhile, combine parmesan, garlic, paprika and 1 tblsp of the oil in a bowl.
3. Heat remaining oil in a large, non-stick roasting pan in a hot oven (200C) for 10 minutes.
4. Remove pan. Carefully add potatoes, turning to coat in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Return to oven. Cook, turning halfway, for about 35 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove. Sprinkle with parmesan mixture. Return pan to the oven.
6. Cook potatoes for a further 10 minutes, without turning, or until they are crisp and the parmesan is melted.
7. Transfer hot potatoes to a serving bowl.